Lightspeed Gateway’s Technology Infrastructure:
Lightspeed Gateway’s infrastructure is divided into three components that power the Algorithmic Trading division. These components include a Market Data System, an Order Entry System and a Clearing Interface.
- Market Data System: Lightspeed Gateway’s Market Data System is comprised of three distinct sub-components:
- Multicast feeds – Qualified customers can connect to venues and directly receive the full raw data from a dedicated port on your server.
- Lightspeed Books – Connects to various splitters and feeds out a normalized market data feed for individual markets and ECN’s.
- Prints and Quotes – Provides a normalized, aggregated Level I and II market data feed.
- Order Entry System: Lightspeed Gateway’s Order Entry System is built specifically for speed and stability. It is comprised of various specialized sub-components performing the following functions;
- Short locate and short management
- Buying power, buying power factor, maximum order size, maximum position size, P&L loss thresholds
- Connectivity to market centers to deliver orders.
- Connectivity to Lightspeed Clearing and Databasing systems
- Load-balancing and fail-over (fully distributed, horizontally scalable architecture)
- Clearing Interface: Lightspeed Gateway’s Clearing Interface is an internally managed relational database that is used in conjunction with the clearing firm in order to perform trade-level book keeping and to generate all regulatory reporting (i.e., OATS).