Account Types / Clearing Set Up
Lightspeed offers many different types of account structures to help meet your diverse needs. Lightspeed is an introducing broker to Apex Clearing Corporation, Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing and Assent Clearing. Lightspeed offers many different account structures; each of which can meet the specific needs of your institution.
- DVP/RVP – Delivery versus Payment, or Receipt versus Payment. Lightspeed offers a range of DVP services
- Regulation T Margin Account
- Registered Hedge Fund
- Correspondent Flip – Is available to institutional client who are broker dealers but not members of any US exchange.
- Separately managed account (SMA) – Lightspeed provides separately managed accounts for clients who require a customized solution to meet specific investment needs.
- Omnibus -Trade with Lightspeed Institutional and have your trades settle with another broker.
- CMTA Electronic Option Trading.
- Portfolio Margin – SEC-approved portfolio margining rules, allowing margin requirements to more accurately reflect the actual risk of the positions in a specific brokerage account. This means that qualified customers may increase their leverage beyond the 4:1 margin requirements of Regulation T. The positions of some portfolios may allow for 6:1 leverage or more.