Lightspeed GT (previously Green Trader) offers clients access to its proprietary order execution product, Lightspeed GT. Lightspeed GT is an order execution, risk, and position management system. Lightspeed GT has been designed to address functionality gaps that are not available in many third party trading systems. The product is constantly being enhanced and improved using client input and internal development resources.
Key Lightspeed GT features:
- Complex Order Entry & Analysis – Complex order entry is easily accessible in Lightspeed GT through the Options Chain or can be added in a Trade Unit. The add-in to the option montage makes spread building and pricing easy to accomplish.
- Trading Opportunity Algorithms – Another differentiating component in the Lightspeed GT application is the suite of Trading Opportunity Algorithms. The framework for this component was built with flexibility as the main focal point. Users can communicate their ideas to Lightspeed GT and have the algorithm at their workstation in a matter of days
- Risk Management and Margin Monitoring The risk and margin tools address needs that are of significant importance in managing a trading group with a portfolio margin type of account. The margin monitors are especially important and are tools that differentiate Lightspeed GT from any other option risk management system.
- Real-Time Portfolio Margin – With real-time portfolio margin, managers can monitor each asset class for excessive risk on either a summary tab, which is shown below, or they can drill into each asset class and view real-time requirements on individual positions.
- Day Trade Margin: Evaluation & Management – This tool calculates Day Trade Margin requirements in real-time and displays various metrics to assist trading groups with liquidation decisions from positions subject to Day Trade Margin. On the screen, users are able to view data in a summarized format for the entire group or evaluate individual positions that are ranked by margin requirement.